Migrating broken (but published) ASN.1 to the Forge
16.0.0 has an error in the ASN.1 (missing comma in GeographicalCoordinates). This is the published ASN.1 available from the 3GU portal.
It isn't clear how this got fixed in 16.1.0. Four CRs were accepted:
- s3i190656 didn't touch the ASN.1
- s3i190618 didn't touch the ASN.1
- s3i190668 did touch the ASN.1 but didn't fix it
- s3i190649 didn't touch the ASN.1
But somehow it magically got fixed in the 16.1.0 ASN.1.
This is just one example of an error. There are others (for example, undeclared "Ecgi" and "Ncgi" type previous to 16.1.0 and 15.3.0 - although these are at least fixed by a CR).
What do we do about such errors when porting TS 33.128 and TS 33.108 to the Forge?
I can think of two options:
- Persist this mistake into the Forge (so that it remains faithful to the 3GU publications)
- Fix it (so that you don't have a broken build)
I assume that the default position will be (1). If we choose (1) then perhaps the release notes for the tag should indicate that there is an issue.